Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Less is More

Me: R, what is your favorite part of first grade?

R: The three recesses, for sure....But there's one problem, mom.

Me: What's the problem?

R: Two of the recesses are really short because of the food thing.

Me: The food thing?

R: Yeah, in recess #1 we have our snack, then we get to play after. And at the middle recess, we have lunch first, then we play. Uhhh, mom?

Me: Yeah, R?

R: I don't mean to complain or anything, but you gave me too much food for lunch. I barely had time to play with Sammy 'cause I had to eat my whole lunch!

Me: I understand. I'll try to put less in tomorrow.

R: Yeah, that's a good idea.

3 comments:

jennavar said...

Wowee.. you have the double "food thing". We don't have a snack thing only lunch. I received that complaint once too. I guess less is more. How is he adjusting to the all day schedule? I remember my kids were soooo tired by evening for the first two weeks of school. Makes bedtime nice though.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

So what do you do . . . roll it all up in a tortilla so he only has ONE P&J with apple chunks all rolled into a burrito? Oh yeah, I forgot the cookies! TeeHee That is a problem though . . . not enough time to play play play!

Middle America Mom said...

He's in school from 8:30-3:30, and he is really tired these days. I'm assuming he'll get used to the all day thing! Today's lunch was just a sandwich, drink, and fruit roll up. I think he'll be happy with that.