Saturday, July 16, 2005

Two Beautiful Boys


I love my boys. Sometimes I look at them and wonder how a mother can love her boys so much. Certainly no other mother can love her boys this much. It's really amazing how much they fill my heart. Watching them grow into such wonderful human beings is really a blessing.

I was sick earlier this week and T picked me flowers and sat and rubbed my arm to make me know he loved me and let me literally feel his love. R helped me set the table and jumped up to help whenever I needed something -- "anything for a sick mom" he would say.

They want to please... and they struggle with doing what seems like fun versus doing what will please me and M. You can see their brains nearly combusting with internal struggles. They usually error on the side of what I'd want them to do. They're young, after all. I know the ratio of doing what I want them to do and what they want to do will shift at some older age.

But for now, they're on my side.

And I love it....

--------------------------------------------

I'll be off-line until next weekend. (See below).

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a beautiful blog! I felt the joy you feel - I can remember those precious moments and now it fills me with the same joy I feel for you and your sister! What a precioius picture of the two adorable midwestern grandsons I have! Thanks . . . and have a wonderful vacation!

Aunt Patty said...

Very handsome great nephews I have!! Really good picture. I know how you feel, the joy of motherhood is the best!! I have a feeling they'll be on your side most of their lives.