Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day with the Family

I like Valentine’s day now. When I was single, I didn’t like it so much. Now, as a wife and mom, it’s pretty fun. M sent me a dozen roses at work, which is so sweet. They smell so good. R made a beautiful valentine in kindergarten. He took a heart template and sponge-painted around it with red paint. Then, he glued his picture in the middle. It’s just adorable. He gave it to both me and M, but he said that I can take it to work and put it on my wall. After we opened the valentine from R, M whispered something to T. The next thing I knew, T brought out a valentine gift bag full of little gifts from all the boys (M, R, and T). There was bubble bath, soap, Hershey kisses, and a cool beaded-lanyard for my badge at work. Then I gave M his valentine’s day present from me. (I must say that after I got the roses at work and then saw another present at home, I was worried that I didn’t do enough.) T passed out the beautiful valentines that he made with crayons and stickers.

I got M a book about lighthouses on Lake Michigan. He really likes lighthouses and I gave him a miniature Chicago lighthouse for our first valentine’s day. This book has the history of all of the lighthouses on the lake and lots of pictures (even of some that aren’t around anymore.) He said that he likes it a lot.

It was a nice day.


Oh, I forgot to say that it started off with me making the kids a special Valentine’s day breakfast – pink milk and waffles (Eggo) with strawberry preserves and whipped cream. A yummy start to a nice day.

2 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

What a wonderful Valentines Day you all had. Especially those home made Valentines from R and T. I had a great one too. Uncle H. brought me two tomatoe plants which I love! We're looking forward to those home grown tomatoes. We had fun at Grandma's Villa party (we marched in with balloons) entertainment and champagne,then out to dinner.CGAP

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a beautiful Valentine's Day. I loved those home-made cards my kids gave me years ago. I got a beautiful scented candle and a sweet card from my sweetheart of forty-one-and-a-half-years!