Sunday, February 20, 2005

A New Recipe

You know how you get in a rut with the food that you fix for dinner? Well, we were in a big time rut. For the last six weeks or so, I've made a pot roast on Sat or Sun night. Yeah, it's tasty and filling and easy, but what a rut! M bought two low-carb magazines with lots of recipes in them. One is pretty good. It has a whole section on Mexican dinners. Tonight I made a Mexican chicken casserole. It had chicken (of course) and cream of chicken soup, cream, sour cream, green enchilada sauce and three cups of cheese. I figured that it must be pretty good with all of those tasty ingredients. It also had three low-carb flour tortillas (which I was very excited about.) You heat everything but the tortillas on the stove untill the cheese is melted. Then you cut up the tortillas in strips/pieces one inch long. Then you layer the the mixture with the tortillas, ending with the mixture on top; bake for 35 minutes and voila...a tasty dinner. M, R and I enjoyed it a bunch. T made a big old face when he tasted the teeniest bite. I normally would make him eat about four bites, but he's been sick and doesn't have an appetite (he didn't even what his pineapple!) so I didn't force it. I'll definitely do that recipe again. Tomorrow is another recipe from the same magazine. I hope it turns out just as well :>

3 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

I would like to have that recipe Sandy, it sounds similar to my Chico's chicken lasagna, which is really yummy.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Wow - T must really not be feeling good to pass up the pineapple. Give him a big hug and kiss for me!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

The Mexican chicken sound to-die-for! Gonna have to try it in May!