Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Power To Control The Weather

It's all my fault, this cold weather we're having.

You see, we were having such a warm winter -- days in the high 30's and even 40's. I was afraid that our scheduled trip to Florida, to get out of freezing weather, would be in vain if that warm weather kept up.

Last year at this time, it was in the low single digits. Low. Single. Digits. Last year at this time, I was praying for some warmth, some sunshine, some reprieve from the cold weather. Last year at this time, I promised myself that next year we'd take a vacation to someplace warm during the kids' Mid-Winter break.

Which is next week.

But, last week, on Thursday, we had a really strange weather day. It was downright balmy. It was 59 degrees. Fifty-Nine. That's just about shorts weather in these parts.

So, I did it.

I made the fateful wish....I wished that the would get really, really cold....so that our trip to Florida would be worth it.

That, my friends, is why it's 12 degrees outside now, with a windchill of 6.

Six. Degrees.

Now, we can go to Florida.

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Wishes DO come true! That'll teach you!

SIX DEGREES! Geeeez. I thought it was cold here - it's in the low 40s in California! Wish I were going to Florida! You guys are going to have such a good time relaxing and playing in the sun! Whooooo Baby!

Aunt Patty said...

Florida, Wow, I've never been, but I bet you'll have a blast. Can't wait to hear more about it. By the way, we sold our house and started Escrow 2 days ago. S, please wish that all goes smooth and that we find another house by the 31st of March now that your in a winning wish streak!!!