Monday, November 26, 2007

Singing in the Car

On the way home from gymnastics today, T sang me the song that he learned in school. It's an old standard, but he was very proud of knowing the words (at least he thought he did.)

The song is "Silent Night." Now, before reading his lyrics, picture this beautiful boy, with beautiful eyes, a bright smile, and a beautiful, clear, almost-soprano voice:
Holy night, silent night
All is calm all is bright.
Around the vertigo, mother and child.
Holy infant so tender and wild.
Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace.

Isn't that great? I think it's priceless. He asked me to sing with him and corrected the order of the first line, but held on to the "around the vertigo" and the "wild." I sure love that boy!

3 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Oh, how precious is that! I can hear his cherub-like voice singing so seriously, too.

You're right, this is priceless. One of so many more to come!

jennavar said...

Too sweet!!! I can picture him.. however, I picture him standing with his chest out and chin up like on the DVD singing his heart out. I love it. I hope he will sing for us on your visit out here!

A.J. said...

Priceless is right! I love how you didn't change the lyrics too. That's how I'm going to be singing it this season! I wonder if he'd sing it on the phone for me. XOXO.