Monday, November 12, 2007

Dinner Conversation Tonight

T said to me: Mom, Antonia has a crush on me.

Me: Oh, you think she has a crush on you?

T: I KNOW she does. She told me.

Me: What did she say to you?

T: T, I have a crush on you.

Me: I guess she does. What did you say to her?

T: I said, Okay. Just okay. That's okay, right?

Me: Yeah, that was okay to say.

R (the older, wiser brother): Yeah, you don't want her to think you have a crush on her and you don't want to hurt her feelings, so 'okay' is good. She should be fine with that.

T: Good. 'Cause she's a nice girl

7 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Such sensitive boys, just like their dad! I love R's affirmation too . . . first grader with a third graders approval, and then "Good,'vause she's a nice girl" oh-my-gosh I love it! Thanks . . . almost as good as if I were there to here it.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

ooops . . . I meant 'cause she's a nice girl NOT 'vause!

grandmaonthelake said...

Another "S" chick magnet in the making! How could a nice girl not have a crush on such a nice guy?
Love that the big Bro is wanting to help T with the girl thing.
Too cute, thanks for sharing.
xoxogramonthelake

jennavar said...

How cute! I love the ease of the conversation regarding a first crush. Too cute!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

oooops again. I should really proofread before I publish! "...there to here it??? Of course we all know it should have been " . . . there to HEAR it!"

A.J. said...

Oh, this is precious. These conversations are some of my favorite parts of this blog.

Boy, oh boy, if I were a little school girl, I'd have a big ol' crush on T too, that's for sure!

GramOnTheLake said...

hi...testing