Monday, March 21, 2005

Successful Dressing

T always dresses himself and usually does a great job. He usually looks quite put together. Today he came downstairs with a pair of tan corduroy pants and a green sweater vest – nothing under the vest. He did look pretty cute, but it was 26 degrees outside. I told him he looked pretty sharp and unbeknownst to him, went upstairs and got his white cotton turtleneck that he loves. A minute after I came downstairs, he sneezed. I took advantage of his sneeze and asked him if he was a little cold. Yes, he said. Well, I have a great idea – why don’t you wear this turtleneck under your sweater vest. That’s a great idea, he said. After we reconstructed his ensemble, he beamed a smile at me and said, Thank you mom – you’re the best mom in the universe! Not only did I got him to change his outfit without a fuss, but I also got one of my favorite compliments from the little tyke.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Just wanted to let you know that I read and enjoy your blogs.

I love you!!
Dad

CaliforniaGrammy said...

That's a big deal to accomplish what you really wanted without saying anything dirogatory! How do you spell that word, anyway, you know what I mean.