Saturday, March 19, 2005

A Calm Saturday

Today was a nice day being a "stay at home mom" as T calls me on weekends. I made breakfast of baon and eggies-in-the-nest with the left over green-and-white swirled bread that I bought for St. Patty's day. Yummy! Then M and I decided to take the boys to the movies to see "Robots". It was pretty good and the kids loved it and laughed a lot during it. They also liked the popcorn, sprite, and Nerds candy that we bought them (those three things came together in a kids box). Each boy carried in his own booster seat that they grabbed in the lobby of the theater (they didn't have those when I was a wee lassie!)

After the movie, we strolled around Sears for a bit (we like Sears a lot now for their smart sponsorship of the TV show, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"). We got the boys some hiking boots on sale for $7 each, I got a cute pink jacket (I'm hoping that the quicker I get a Spring wardrobe, the quicker Spring will come here), and M got some sprockets (or some other tool that I can't think of right now.)

We stopped at Taco Bell on the way home because it was1:30 and way late for lunch. R polished off TWO bean burritos and an apple emanada! Then it was time for naps. During the boys naptime, I tried to upload some more pictures onto the blog, but it wouldn't work....so frustrating! I'll figure it out soon :>

I made dinner of sliced Emeril's sun dried tomato chicken sausage sauted with sliced red peppers and mozerella cheese melted over it. I added about a quarter of a cup of pasta sauce...Yummy! served it with a salad and called it a dinner.

Tomorrow M is going skeet shooting (if it's not snowing too hard -- he'll go if it's snowing lightly, the crazy man!) I'll hang with the boys -- probably go grocery shopping and to the library - -and definitely will do a bunch of laundry.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a fun Saturday! Hope the laundry isn't too overpowering! Have some relaxing time to yourself too . . . like work in a nice bubble bath with candles and Kenny G playing oh so soft-softly in the background. Love you all to bits!