Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Excuses

I have so many excuses for not blogging....my computer got a virus (again!), my husband's computer won't accept my new camera's memory card, I had pneumonia for two weeks....the list goes on.

So, I have no pictures, but here's a quick update:
  • R was in the Quiz Bowl with four of his friends. They won three rounds and lost by only twenty points (out of 300) in the semi-final round.
  • T is hobbling around pretty good now. He gets a new cast on Friday. I'm taking time off of work to go with him and M 'cause it seems like a milestone in a boy's life and I want to be part of it.
  • T turned 8 last week and had a party on Saturday. 10 kids over -- 9 boys and one sweet, patient girl. They made their own pizzas, made fleece scarves, played games, and won lots of prizes.
  • R competed in Gold Rush, a Cub Scout winter outdoor competition, and had a blast demonstrating his first aid skills and such.
  • Both boys are excited about Pinewood Derby and are enthusiastically planning what kind of a car they are going to build with their father.
  • I have had bad allergies, asthma, and pneumonia. I'm almost better -- knock on wood.
  • Hockey is almost over -- bittersweet. I hate the early morning practices on weekends, but love to watch R progress -- and I love to cheer at his games. They are so darn exciting!
  • We finished reading the 5th Harry Potter book. I read it to the whole family -- all 870 pages of it. We then watched the movie. This is the first book that M has "read" and then seen the movie. I'm afraid that he now knows what the rest of us know -- the movie is NEVER as good as the book.

That's it for now.

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I've been trying for a few hours to comment, but Firefox was not behaving . . . so I switched to Safari and it's working really slowly.

I'm sorry you're not completely well yet, but am glad you're on the mend.

You've been busy busy busy! I love this time of year with the boys competing in the Pinewood Derby, from the designing to the fabricating, all having fun with their dad.

The birthday party I'm sure was lots of fun . . . I'm glad to hear the patient girl must have hung in there since she had patience!

Reading 870 pages out loud must have been difficult with your health issues.

And I can't wait to see the pictures once you're able to get them off your camera and on to your computer.

Feel better real soon!

A.J. said...

Well now at least your fans know why you haven't blogged in a while. Bless your heart!

We thought about our T on his b-day, and do look forward to pictures, once your computer gets well too!

And you get all better soon, so sorry to hear about how sick you've been.

Good to catch up a bit, thank you dear!