Monday, July 30, 2007

T's Future Plans

T and I were having another one of our heart-to-heart talks, which have been happening frequently lately. We had just gotten back from a tourist town that had beautiful flowers everywhere and had lots of tourist things to do.

T said: I love that town. When I grow up I want to live there.
Me: That would be great. What would you do for work there?
T: Oh, I'd be a stay-at-home-dad and just play with my kids.
Me: Cool. Hey, I thought you wanted to be a pilot and an inventor.
T: Oh yeah, after the kids are in college, I'll be a pilot. I can invent things anytime. I just love that town and want to live there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing about T: he has an obsession with my breasts. He likes to pet them, sometimes "accidentally" sometimes on purpose. If we're sitting next to each other, he'll lean over and kiss one -- like it was the closest thing to kiss. This has been going on for a couple of months, but has increased in frequency lately (I think because of my recent business travels.) I was just ignoring, figuring it would stop, but now with the increased attention "the girls" are getting, I've started telling him that those are mom's privates and he shouldn't touch them. He's now just doing the "accidental" brushing of them -- which I'm sure is good practice for when he's a teenager.

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

A pilot and an inventor— great career choices!

Oh my. . .practicing for when he's a teenager . . . my sweet little T! I hope he gets over that phase and remains a kid for a long time. I think you're handling the situation perfectly. And I'm glad I had girls.

Great heart-to-heart chats. Precious!

grandmaonthelake said...

Boys will be boys!
Heart-to-heart talks now will make
heart-to-heart talks continue through T's teenage years, & then through your lifetime. How wonderful for the two of you.
Good job, S.