Friday, April 04, 2008

When They Grow Up

The other night I asked the boys what they wanted to be when they grew up. Here's what they said:

R said:
"Remember when I was going to be a fighter pilot? Well, I don't want to do that anymore for three reasons: 1)I don't want to eat carrots for every meal (like his great grandfather did in the War), 2)I decided it would be too much of a risk for my life, and 3) I might get dizzy from all of the buttons and switches, even with the 'heads-up' display. So, now I want to be either an author because I like to write. Or I'll be a scientist and find a cure for Diabetes....or I want to be a historian to find out about history and someday teach it to kids, maybe."

T said:
"I'm gonna be a pilot, dog breeder, artist, or a scuba diver."

R joined in: "Oh yeah, I might be a scuba diver too."

There ya go.

5 comments:

A.J. said...

Oh, these are precious. I love R's three reasons.

And all those opportunities, dog breeder or scuba diver?

These ruminations are keepers!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I'm so glad a fighter pilot is no longer of interest to R. And I love the face that he loves to be creative in his writing. And oh-my-gosh, wouldn't it be great to have the guy who discovers the cure for Diabetes in the family. And teaching is a fine vocation.

I hope T can breed a miniature golden retriever some day. I think that would be the ideal dog for RVers. Scuba diving would be lots of fun, it would be neat to make a living doing that.

Such ambition they both have. And such great imaginations!

AJ is right. These ruminations are priceless!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Ooops. . . I meant "And I love the FACT that he loves to be creative in his writing . . .

CaliforniaGrammy said...

T can always be an artist, even when he's a pilot, or breeding dogs, or he can paint what he sees as he's exploring the water-world!

Aunt Patty said...

Oh, soooo many choices!!! The thing is, they could be just about anything they want to be, it's just a matter of making up their minds. right? It will sure be fun to see what they end up being!!