Here are the Signs of Spring that I've noticed:
- Daffodils are popping up (ours are about 4-5 inches high)
- We're in the middle of a thunderstorm right now.
- Our grass got really green over the past few days.
- Motorcycles are out and about (I never noticed that there is a motorcycle season, but there is here in the Midwest. In California, motorcycles are out all year round.)
- My grass allergies are acting up even with all the drugs I'm on (see #3 above)
- The kids wore shorts to school yesterday.
- The kids played outside all weekend.
- I hear birds chirping in the mornings.
- We grilled hamburgers over the weekend (one of R's favorite dinners)
- The ultimate sign of spring -- I saw a Robin yesterday :>
We just got back from the boys' school conferences and they are both doing great. T needs to work on some of his numbers a bit (he gets 12 and 15 confused in writing -- it's understandable). His teacher says that he's a delight in class and she looks forward to his answers when he participates in class. He sat there looking totally embarrassed the whole time during the conference, which was pretty cute. R is also doing really well in class. He's reading at a fourth grad level (he's in second grade) and absolutely excelling in science. He's great at math and loves to write, he needs to continue working on his writing (he has an occupational therapist that helps him too.) It's so nice to look forward to these conferences! I hope I never have to dread them.
On the way home from vision therapy today, R confessed that he had to turn over his clip in class. This means that he got a warning - this was for talking when he wasn't supposed to. He cautiously asked me if I was mad. I told him that I wasn't mad because he's a good kid and does his best. I told him to try to remember to be a good listener when he's in class. He got a big smile on his face and said that he'd try harder. Then he said, "thanks, Mom. It's in the past now and that feels good."